Return to Learn, Work and Play
Concussion Management involves a comprehensive assessment and treatment of those who have sustained either a direct or indirect head injury and are suffering from post-concussion syndrome.
If you are looking for a Concussion Specialist in Edmonton then Thrive Therapy is here to help you with the most effective treatment plans.
Schedule an Appointment With our Concussion Specialist
How We Can Help Manage Your Concussion
We offer patient specific goals is key to managing a concussion:
- Patient education on coping strategies for light, sound, and motion sensitivity, and techniques to improve tolerance in environments that may feel “overwhelming”.
- Dietary program for foods and supplements to maximize “brain health”.
- Developing a home-based exercise tolerance program
- Evaluating dizziness if it is present and implementing treatment techniques depending on the cause.
- Patient specific return to work, sport, and life program to get you back to doing what you love safely.
- Often the neck is a huge component to concussion recovery so a thorough assessment and treatment of the neck is performed. Neck treatment may include hands on manual therapy (joint and muscle movement and stretching), acupuncture, and/or GunnIMS (dry needling).